Job posted on 27 Feb, 2020Apply before 03 Mar, 2020
Christian Aid (www.christianaid.org.uk) is a UK and Ireland based development and humanitarian organization works to support sustainable development, stop poverty, support civil society and provide disaster relief in South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Christian Aid works where the need is greatest, regardless of religion, nationality or race. Christian Aid has supported humanitarian and development partners globally to eradicate poverty, fight climate change for more than 65 years. Christin Aid works with over 600 local partner organizations in 50 countries around the world to help the world’s poorest communities. Christian Aid’s headquarters are in London and it organizes the UK’s largest door-to-door collection, Christian Aid Week, which takes place in May each year. Christian Aid has been working in South Asia across Nepal, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh for more than 50 years with countries offices in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan and South Asia regional office in New Delhi. Christian Aid brings substantial expertise in emergency response, recovery and rehabilitation work, DRR, social Inclusion and Resilient Livelihoods with proven ability to deliver emergency food security and livelihood restoration support through its local partners. CA has a longstanding partnership with donors such as European Commission, ECHO, DFID, Irish Aid, USAID etc. for supporting humanitarian responses in South and South-East Asia region, for major emergencies. Christian Aid has contributed significantly to the regional resilience and humanitarian actions working closely with other institutions of excellence.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Christian Aid (CAID) ( UK/Ireland) based International NGO has worked in Nepal since 2004 and has programmes with local partners implemented across disaster prone areas. In Nepal, CAID is implementing Country Programme with transition from humanitarian response during mega 2015 earthquake to long term sustainable development needs of the earthquake affected and other vulnerable communities. CA works with local civil society partner organisations with focus on three work streams- Resilient Livelihoods, GESI and DRR/ Humanitarian Response, following Leave no one behind and Human Rights Based Approach. Country Programme is currently implemented in 6 districts of Nepal – Dhading, Dolakha, Rasuwa, Khotang, Bardia and Kailali, with an ambition to support most marginalised discriminated communities for resilience.
CAID Nepal is looking for a young talent from Nepal as Communication Advisor that can effectively communicate, bring in innovations in communication and knowledge management, write evidence bases stories, reports and can facilitate learning across projects, partners and related stakeholders. This could be great opportunity to learn and kick start your career in an INGO.
This position needs to be filled immediately and hence someone who can join soon.
The Communications Advisor will be responsible for knowledge management and programme content management for Christian Aid’s Nepal Country Programme and support communication needs in Nepal. The role will support and advise Country Director in key communications externally in country and will share the evidences and stories that CA and partners are supporting in changing the lives of thousands of vulnerable and disaster/ earthquake affected women, men and children in Nepal. Working closely with colleagues in programme Communications and Media, PR and Content, the post holder captures the latest news, results, workstream brochures, best practices, policy advocacy issues, knowledge and learning from the programme for wider dissemination.
Communications Advisor will have great opportunity to capture, write, edit a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos and film for dissemination across Christian Aid channels and beyond to show the value and impact of the Christian Aid programme.
The post holder is a member of the CA Nepal programme team.
The Communication Advisor will work within the Country team and reports to the Country Director. S/he will also provide communication surge support in times of need as requested by the Humanitarian Division. The post holder champions the use of social media and leads the policy advocacy work by ensuring key messages for country office. S/he will be part of Communication group of AIN and interact with key stakeholders, provides content for digital channels and leads the production process for the CA Nepal brochures, workstream updates, newsletter, half yearly progress report, annual report and other donor specific
- Proactively identify, develop and implement a communication and content plan and ensure future commissioning decisions and content suites are developed in a timely way for key programme moments such as events, stories and report launches.
- Design Knowledge products and facilitate sharing learning documents across organisation on case studies that show best practice, results, documentations of learning and the impact of Christian Aid investment are shared across internal and external Christian Aid communication channels.
- Work closely with programme team to capture the evidences of projects based on evidences and learning.
- Organise learning across the organisation and partners.
- Update website with quality content including programme news and material which demonstrates the impact of the Christian Aid Nepal programme.
- Ensure interactive relationships with key audiences and debate on Christian Aid themes are promoted through social media activity.
- Ensure Christian Aid newsletter, information and success stories shared with stakeholders, helping to build the programme’s credibility and relationships.
- Need based communication supports to the regional humanitarian teams across Asia.
Essential qualification and skills :
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Up to 3 years’ experience in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism. Experience with an NGO/INGO will be a preference.
- An outgoing, results oriented and proactive person.
- Good editorial skills and highly proficient in written English language and able to translate complexities into material that is compelling, jargon-free and accessible.
- IT competency required. Proficient use of Photoshop and other digital editing
- Able to assimilate high volumes of content quickly and optimise for distribution across Christian Aid channels.
- Ability to facilitate with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- A social media champion with experience of using Twitter and Facebook to drive an organisation’s engagement with key audiences.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills matched with high levels of visual literacy and creativity.
- Photography, audio and/or video skills at semi-professional level or
- Proven ability to handle information of a sensitive nature in a manner which does not compromise the programme or partners.
- Ability to travel to field sites.
This position is only open for Nepalese citizen only as Christian Aid has only one slot for work permit as per the General agreement and Project agreement with the government. The applicants should have the right to work in Nepal. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Christian AID’s terms of employment for national staffs.
Starting date; ASAP
How to apply
To apply for this role and detail role profile please login to Christian Aid Jobs and submit your CV & supporting statement stating your suitability and interest in the role by or before 3rd March 2020.
Please note that CVs through email will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 15th March 2020, please assume your application was unsuccessful.
For queries related to the role and online applications please contact us on: email@example.com