UMN United Mission to Nepal
UMN OPPORTUNITIES FOR NEPALI NATIONALS
Vacancy at UMN
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) strives to address root causes of poverty as it serves the people of Nepal in the name and spirit of Jesus Christ. Established in 1954, UMN is a cooperative effort between the people of Nepal and a large number of Christian organisations from nearly 20 countries on 4 continents. Multicultural teams of Nepali nationals and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in less developed areas of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, strong and empowered individuals, families, and communities.
UMN United Mission to Nepal is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards
fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Finance Team Leader (Female only)
Location: UMN Thapathali Office, Kathmandu
UMN executes different projects through local NGO partners, with financial support from
a wide range of supporting partners from different countries. The Finance Team Leader
position is a crucial role for UMN which provides strategic direction to and oversees all
financial aspects of UMN’s work to ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of resources in the outworking of UMN’s Vision and Mission.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CA, ACCA or MBA/MBS qualifications;
- More than 5 years of working experience in a senior financial management role in an INGO;
- Experience in strategically evaluating the needs of an organisation and formulating
appropriate strategies & approaches;
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural team and people management;
- Knowledge on financial compliance with all government requirements, including annual
accounts, external audit, tax clearance/exemption certification, and all financial reports
required by law or regulation;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with an ability to interpret complex financial data;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel and Accounting Software;
- Excellent in financial planning and organising;
- Ability to teach, mentor and explain financial matters to those with little financial expertise;
- Active listening, communication and feedback skills;
- Effective delegation skills to team members with a diverse range of capacities;
- Innovative and always looking to improve and streamline systems and processes;
- Seeking to model all the UMN values;
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Click the icons above to download relevant application form.
- Fill in the application form and email it at email@example.com.
- Indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
UMN Professional Competence Our work is practical, not theoretical. In order to make an impact, you will need to demonstrate both relevant qualifications in the above areas and also be able to point to a track record of practical experience and success.
UMN Some General Competencies
Each specific job will require different competencies such as the following:
- A commitment to UMN’s vision, strategy and values
- A learning attitude, both in self-development and in building up others
- A passion for sharing knowledge and managing information effectively
- Computer literacy
- Most positions will require competence in both Nepali and English (written and spoken)
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection days. We especially encourage applications from women and those representing marginalized groups.
UMN reserves the right not to appoint or postpone appointment.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply
for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by
4:00 pm on Wednesday, 11 March 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate
in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from marginalized groups.
For More Vacancy Click here